Why Choose Hypnobirthing Classes in UtahOct 12, 2021
Birth is a Love Story; the story of how you and your baby will meet and fall in love for the first time. In our evidence-based classes we provide comprehensive education, practice, and guidance as you prepare yourself for the love of your life. Our couples leave class fully prepared and empowered, both physically and emotionally, for any birth scenario or outcome. Our goal? To facilitate a secure, joyful bond between parents and their new babies, no matter how your love story unfolds.
Our outcomes speak for themselves
The vast majority of our mothers are having unmedicated, healthy, comfortable births. Parents are leaving classes feeling confident, prepared, educated, empowered, and excited for their upcoming birth experience. While most moms are able to birth without medication, hypnobirthing is a wonderful way to prepare for a positive epidural or surgical birth as well! Our classes are NOT anti-epidural or anti-hospital. We respect and honor every birth love story.
Certified, experienced and highly recommended instructor
Lauralyn Curtis was trained by the HypnoBirthing® Institute of New Hampshire, and has taught childbirth classes in Utah continuously since 2010. She is also a certified doula, Professional Labor Companion and Yoga Instructor. Ms. Curtis has drawn upon her training and experience as a doula, educator, prenatal yoga instructor and hypnotist to create an updated approach to hypnosis for childbirth. Classes are dynamic, energetic, and empowering, with plenty of hands-on practice during.
Since our founding, we have taught nearly 4000 couples. Our classes are in high demand, and our instructor is specifically recommended by many natural birth-friendly midwives, CNMs and OBs. If you would like to get to know instructor Lauralyn Curtis and hear from many of our previous clients, join our Hypnobirthing Facebook Group.
Comprehensive Birth Preparation
Curtis Method classes are continuously updated to reflect the best research in evidence-based maternity care. We offer complete childbirth education curriculum, including comprehensive information about birth preferences and informed consent. We want you to know and understand ALL of your birth choices, so that you can make the informed decisions that are best for you and YOUR baby. We are committed to making sure that all of the information we present in class is backed by research and evidence.
Curtis Method classes include the Daddy-Doula training as part of the six week course. We also offer the following services:
- Individual birth hypnosis sessions with Lauralyn Curtis
- Hypno-Doula and Postpartum Doula services
- Prenatal and postpartum massage from certified massage therapist Latissa Graham.
Training in the following hypnosis techniques, vital to a comfortable birth
- Hypnotic Anesthesia (Our popular Glove Anesthesia Script)
- Active-alert Hypnosis (Using the natural movements of your body to increase your hypnotic depth)
- Instant relaxation anchors, such as the Keyword and the Shoulder Press, to help you go into your hypnosis quickly
- Fear Release scripts and techniques
- Powerful breathing techniques to create calm, reduce stress and fear, and increase the comfort of birth
- Daddy Doula Training for ALL of our birth companions
Hands-on training and practice of the following labor support skills
- Labor Massage: Light touch, scalp, hand and foot, and shoulder massage to help mom stay deeply relaxed
- Counterpressure for hips and back labor
- Acupressure to release endorphins
- Optimal Fetal Positioning: Help your baby turn into the best birth position, before labor begins! These techniques alone can shave HOURS off your labor!
- Techniques for relieving “back labor”
- Creating a peaceful “Birthing Nest” in the Hospital, Birth Center or at home.
- Birth positions: Working with gravity, following our natural birthing instincts
- Creating an effective birth plan
Live Hypnosis Sessions
Each class series includes six deep-relaxation sessions. Working with a live instructor is an important for your birth hypnosis training.
Get ready for the journey of birth with our six week intensive training
Get Birthy News, Tips, Discounts, and more!
Join our VIP list to receive the latest news and updates from HypnoActive Birth. Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.
CategoriesAll Categories anxiety birth education birth instinct birth options birth photo birth story birth support birth tips birthing birthing companion birthing companions birthoptions body acceptance body image body positivity breathing care provider childbirth childbirth classes contractions counter pressure daddy doula daddy doula training dads deep relaxation doula doula training fast birth first time mom gas glove anesthesia guided relaxation home birth homestudy hospital birth hospitalbirth hypno doula hypnoactive birth hypnobirth hypnobirthing hypnotherapist hypnotherapy hypnotic anchoring ideal provider inducing labor labor induction labor support labor tips maternity care mental health midwife mindfulness natural birth online birth class online birth education optimal care pain-free birth panic partners positive affirmations self love self-hypnosis the curtis method trainings unassisted birth unmedicated birth